The Award Winners spreadsheet tracks most of the Youth Media Awards from the American Library Association, as well as awards from any of the other journals I track and a few more. For a complete list of included awards, see below. Every now and then I add another tab depending on what interests me. A pink highlight indicates that I have noted that book in my Goodreads account as having been read (it may or may not have a review depending on how behind I was at the time).
Each tab is organized slightly differently depending on what seemed to work best for that award. If the Illustrator field for a book is left blank, there was either no illustrator listed or the author illustrated their own work. Some notes on specific pages:
- For awards like the Coretta Scott King or Pura Belpré where there are both Author and Illustrator awards, these are noted with an (A) or an (I).
- The Boston Globe-Horn Book Award has three categories every year. (P) for Picture Books, (F) for Fiction, and (NF) for Non-Fiction. They also occasionally choose a Special Citation (SC).
- The National Book Award went through a period in the 80s where they had a bunch of categories. (HC) stands for Hardcover; (PB) for Paperback; (NF) for Non-Fiction; (I) for Book Illustration; (HC-F) for Hardcover Fiction; (PB-F) for Paperback Fiction; (HC-PB) for Hardcover Picture Book, and (PB-PB) for Paperback Picture Book.
- On the Bulletin Blue Ribbon tab: (P) stands for Picture Books, (F) stands for Fiction, (NF) stands for Non-Fiction, and (ER) stands for Easy Readers. The Bulletin doesn’t include all categories all years – occasional categories include Easy Readers, True Blue Series, Poetry, and Graphic Novels.
- The Horn Book Fanfare tab is a work in progress.
Here’s the list of awards contained in the spreadsheet with links to the home pages for those awards.
- The Randolph Caldecott Medal
- The John Newbery Medal
- The Michael L. Printz Award
- The Coretta Scott King Award
- The John Steptoe Award for New Talent
- The Mildred L. Batchelder Award
- The Odyssey Award
- The Pura Belpré Award
- The Schneider Family Book Award
- The Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal
- The Stonewall Book Award: The Mike Morgan and Larry Romans Children’s and Young Adult Literature Award
- The Theodore Seuss Geisel Award
- The William C. Morris YA Debut Award
- YALSA’s Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults Award
- The Scott O’Dell Award for Historical Fiction
- The Gryphon Award
- The Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards
- The National Book Award for Young People’s Literature
- The Kirkus Prize for Young Readers’ Literature
- Bulletin Blue Ribbons
- Bulletin Stellar Series (no 2015 list – possibly discontinued?)
- Horn Book Fanfare (under construction)
I suspect there’s lots of people who keep track of these awards so that they can create reading lists and such. If you’ve always meant to do such a thing, but never have, you are welcome to create a copy of my spreadsheet and edit it to fit your personal needs.